Website Farmstead Baptist Church
Position Objective: To provide pastoral leadership to the worship ministry of Farmstead Baptist Church. The Worship Pastor is responsible for assisting the church in planning, conducting, and evaluating the music ministry of Farmstead Baptist Church. The church currently averages approx. 325 in worship attendance.
1. A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a growing personal relationship with Him.
2. Commitment to moral purity.
3. Commitment to the mission, vision, and worship philosophy of Farmstead Baptist Church.
4. Demonstrated excellence as a worship leader.
1. Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ through the ongoing spiritual disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, outreach, and fellowship.
2. Assist the Pastor in planning the worship services of the church.
3. Select the music for worship services and rehearse the upcoming Sunday morning and Sunday evening services with all church members involved in the worship service. Rehearsals should include instrumentalists, soloists, praise teams, choir members, and audio visual team members.
4. Oversee song and choral selection, media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting enhancements, and coordination of all instrumentalists and vocalists.
5. Build the necessary team to help in evaluating and carrying out the worship ministry of Farmstead Baptist Church.
6. Direct music groups and lead congregational singing. Serve as a worship leader during Sunday morning, Sunday night, Wednesday night, and other special services through a blended worship service. This includes leading congregational singing and direction or oversight of various choirs including adult, youth, and children’s choirs.
7. Continually provide and maintain a learning environment, including continuing education on methods, materials, promotion, and administration of music and all aspects of the worship service.
8. Provide pastoral care for the choirs, worship teams, instrumentalists, and members of Farmstead Baptist Church.
9. Lead in some form of spiritual development at every rehearsal.
10. Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with the vision of Farmstead Baptist Church, and evaluate progress and goal attainment.
11. Oversee the worship department budget, organization, and volunteers as follows:
• Assist the Nominating Committee in identifying roles necessary for facilitating worship and the music ministry. Roles include youth and children choir directors, audio visual teams, and instrumentalists. Worship Leader will assist the nominating committee in recruiting and securing all necessary workers. Additionally, Worship Pastor will train, encourage, and provide spiritual leadership in these roles.
• Assist the Stewardship Committee in the preparation of an annual budget for the music ministry. Develop and manage an annual budget for the music ministry, including worship services, adult choir, youth choir, and children’s choir budgets. Oversee the administration of these budgets and coordinate fiscal needs with the Stewardship Committee.
12. Assist with weddings and funerals held at the church, including the coordination of use of sound and lighting equipment, and arranging for musicians if needed. Additionally, the Worship Minister will be responsible for approving any music played during weddings and funerals.
13. Perform other duties as assigned by the Pastor and the Personnel Committee.
Please send resumes to [email protected] or mail to Farmstead Baptist Church, 265 Curry Hwy, Jasper, AL 35503