Northbrook Baptist Church
3691 AL Highway 157
Cullman, AL 35058
Send all resumes to Pastor Keith Warden: [email protected]
Northbrook Baptist Church exists to magnify the glory of God by multiplying and mobilizing disciples that make an eternal impact both locally and globally. The Worship Minister is a full-time minister that works under the supervision of the pastor in planning and leading weekly worship gatherings that lead our faith family in seeking and savoring the glory of God in Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit. Northbrook values excellence and authenticity in a contemporary worship experience that is theologically rich and gospel-driven. We utilize band, worship teams, and some choir. We are seeking an individual whose calling and gifting is expressed in these ways:
- Pursuing Christ-likeness and a life that is beyond reproach (outlined in Northbrook’s staff code of conduct).
- Possessing leadership and organizational skills.
- Serving and supporting fellow staff as a team player.
- Attending and participating in all weekly staff meetings and annual retreats.
- Participating in pastoral care of our faith family as directed by the pastor.
- Leading your family to actively participate in the weekly life and ministry of Northbrook.
- Maintaining regular office hours as supervised by the pastor.
- Promoting and supporting a kingdom vision and mission for Northbrook.
- Prayerfully and strategically developing your own annual goals for life and ministry each year for review and evaluation with the pastor.
- Maintaining an ongoing commitment to learning and growing through conferences, study breaks, and personal reading.
- Modeling an evangelistic lifestyle.
- Planning our Sunday worship gathering with leadership from the pastor; utilizing music and other creative arts that engage both the hearts and minds of our faith family and support the ministry of the Word.
- Recruiting, training, and developing musicians that humbly serve our faith family by exalting Christ with excellence and authenticity.
- Planning and leading/overseeing regularly scheduled rehearsals for worship band, worship teams, and choir that prepare the worship ministry for Sunday worship and foster a sense of community.
- Continually seeking new avenues for all ages in our faith family to use their creative gifts in worship.
- Planning and overseeing an annual budget for the worship ministry.
- Developing media content and coordinating media support for the worship ministry with the media director.
- Maintaining clear and effective communication with all ministry volunteers and other staff members.
There may be other duties that are prayerfully considered and assigned by the senior pastor or personnel committee.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher is preferred in any field, but preferably music, divinity, theology or some other related field.
- Some local church experience, part-time or full-time is preferred.
- Married applicants are preferred, but single applicants will be considered.