Website Valley Church
Position Title: Worship Leader (Part-Time)
Expected Hours Per Week: 10-20 Hours
Compensation: $200 per week
The Worship Leader will be called of God, evangelical in theology, in accordance with the “Baptist Faith and Message” (2000 edition), and committed to living and serving in a manner consistent with the standards set forth in Scripture for such a leader.
The Worship Leader must be one who exemplifies a godly character, is compassionate in recognizing and meeting the needs of others, and demonstrates a high level of competence.
The Worship Leader will be called by the Holy Spirit and confirmed by a body of believers. (Acts 20:28; Titus 1:5; 1 Timothy 3:1)
The Worship Leader will display a competence in leading Worship.
The Worship Leader will display a love for people and a desire to communicate and be active in the lives of the people within the church.
1. The Worship Leader will lead and grow the music worship at Valley Church.
2. The Worship Leader is directly accountable to the Lead Pastor, as well as to the Valley Church Council.
3. The Worship Leader will continue to grow and mature as a godly person of integrity. They will pursue being a Christ follower, through a personal walk with the Lord and participation in at least one small group at Valley.
4. The Worship Leader will provide leadership, vision, and passion for Valley in the area of music worship that is in line with the overall vision, purpose, and mission of Valley
5. The Worship Leader will oversee the Praise Team, as well as any other ministries that involve music or the arts at Valley.
6. The Worship Leader will coordinate with the Lead Pastor to create and lead each Sunday morning worship service, as well as other special worship services throughout the year.
7. The Worship Leader will coordinate and plan rehearsals for the Praise Team each week, as well as preparing for worship before the Sunday morning service.
8. The Worship Leader will develop and administer an annual budget for the worship ministry in accordance with the financial plan of Valley.
9. The Worship Leader will meet with the Lead Pastor at least once monthly to discuss and plan according to upcoming Worship services and programs.
10. The Worship Leader will perform other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor or the Church Council