Weekday Preschool Director
Website Journey Church
Title: Preschool Director
Reports To: Executive Team
Status: Full Time
The Preschool Director is responsible for the operation and administration of the weekday preschool and Adventure Club at Journey Church Preschool, a ministry of Journey Church. They are committed to sustaining a high-quality child care program that values partnerships between families and staff. The Preschool Director creates an open and honest working environment that inspires professionalism and rewards creative, innovative teaching. The director is the main point of contact for the church staff and for parents that have children enrolled at the preschool. They should strive to create a culture that is safe, fun, and educational. Communication with parents, teachers, and church staff should be open and frequent.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, with a major or emphasis in early childhood education and at least 1-year experience teaching preschool age children.
- Experience directing or managing a preschool is highly desired.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to interact with families in a nurturing, compassionate, and sincere manner.
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with word processing, and spreadsheet programs.
- Certification of the following: CPR/First Aid, current fingerprint clearance, and an updated background check.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
Responsibilities may include but not be limited to the following items:
- Respond promptly and appropriately to parent concerns, involving teachers, administrators, families or external support personnel as needed.
- Work in coordination with the Business Executive and Executive Pastor to hire, train, mentor and supervise all preschool classroom staff.
- Schedule subs for teachers, handle call-outs, approve time off for teachers, enter time off/call-outs on the calendar for teachers.
- Providing orientation for new staff members.
- Provide ongoing mentoring and coaching to preschool classroom staff through spending time in classrooms to introduce and support new ideas, strategies, etc.
- Lead the staff to maintain compliance with state regulations.
- Lead regular staff meetings.
- Conducting written performance reviews and performance review conversations of all preschool classroom teachers at least annually.
- Assist in creating the annual budget for the preschool program and monitor expenses monthly.
- Submit purchases for equipment and supplies needed for successful implementation of programs and to meet safety and accreditation standards.
- Oversee the use of physical space so that classrooms, common areas, office space, and playgrounds are clean and safe.
- Conduct regular fire drills and quarterly disaster drills
- Provide an attractive and welcoming environment for Journey Preschool families.
- Keep staff apprised of professional development opportunities, revisions of policy or procedures, and personnel changes through written or electronic communications.
- Visit excellent preschool programs to help evaluate our current progress as well as look for new ideas.
- Maintain a positive attitude and deal with difficult situations in a professional and efficient manner.
- Be flexible in personal scheduling and in scheduling teachers to meet the needs of the overall program.
- Take part in the staff development portion of staff meeting each week.
- Perform any and all duties assigned by your supervisor or the Executive Team.
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of journey Church and represent them in your daily walk.
- Be willing to follow the membership covenant below:
Journey Church Membership Covenant
I will protect the unity of my church
…by acting in love toward other members.
…by refusing to gossip.
…by following the leaders.
I will share in the responsibility of my church
…by praying for its growth.
…by inviting the unchurched to attend.
…by warmly welcoming those who visit.
I will serve the ministry of my church
…by discovering my gifts and talents.
…by being equipped to serve by my pastors.
…by developing a servant’s heart.
I will support the testimony of my church
…by attending faithfully.
…by living a godly life.