First Baptist Church of Red Bay
The Student Pastor will minister to the needs of Red Bay FBC through the development of a comprehensive student program (nursery-college). The Student Pastor will assist the Senior Pastor in accomplishing the purposes, aims, and objectives of Red Bay FBC.
The Student Pastor must be a follower of Jesus Christ and adhere to and affirm the Baptist Faith and Message 2000. The Student Pastor should be someone who has been called to student ministry by the Lord Jesus Christ.
The Student Pastor should be a person of good reputation among the membership of the Church and families of the community from which the Student Pastor is called from. The Student Pastor should strive to build the same reputation and visibility here in the community in Red Bay.
• The Student Pastor will oversee the Student Programs for Red Bay FBC, nursery through college. Their primary teaching responsibility will be to the Youth Group (7th-12th), but they will be involved with programs for students of all ages. The Student Pastor will assist the Children’s Ministry Volunteers in any area as needed.
• Make a personal investment in the Students of Red Bay FBC; providing friendship, encouragement, spiritual nurture, and a strong role model for Christ-like living. Be visible and involved in the students’ extra-curricular activities.
• Provide a comprehensive ministry to the Youth, by working alongside the Senior Pastor and Youth Committee to develop a ministry plan that affords opportunities for the Youth to grow spiritually, to develop socially, and to minister to the needs of the church and community.
• Encourage attendance and participation by the students in regularly scheduled activities at Red Bay FBC. Hold students accountable for the cleanliness and upkeep of the youth facilities.
• Provide counseling and hospital visitation to students and their families as needed. Inform the Senior Pastor of any specific student needs.
• Work with and oversee the Children’s Committee in evaluating and implementing curriculum and programming/events for children in nursery through 6thgrade.
• Enlist Volunteers and personally participate in planned activities.
• Oversee and help plan all summer activities for children. This will include assisting the VBS Director in planning and implementing Vacation Bible School, summer camps, etc.
• Implement and lead a Wednesday and Sunday Night Bible study for the Youth.
• Be the contact person for our college age students. Plan events and activities, including Bible study, when theirs and your schedule allows.
• Prepare and submit an annual Student Ministry Budget to the Budget and Stewardship Committee for consideration prior to each Budget Year.
Salary: Based on Experience/Education
If interested please email your resume, with a cover letter, to Mandi Nunley at: