Website Hill Crest Baptist Church
Hill Crest Baptist Church – Anniston, Alabama
Hill Crest Baptist Church is seeking the Lord’s providence and direction concerning our next Student Pastor. We are a friendly church adhering to the Baptist Faith and Message of 2000 and are seeking candidates who are called to the Great Commission and demonstrate the ability to lead others to Christ and disciple students to be on mission for Him.
Summary of Qualifications
The Student Pastor must work under the direction of the Senior Pastor and will demonstrate the ability to be a teachable person. He must be a team-oriented person willing to work with the Pastoral Staff and lay leaders who oversee the students of Hill Crest Baptist Church. He must be in agreement with the Baptist Faith and Message of 2000 and be a loyal member of our church or a like faith practicing Southern Baptist Church.
Duties and Responsibilities
- A willing and participating leader with a passion for missions and evangelism. He must promote the entities of the SBC that are evangelistic in nature and intentional by design to win people to Jesus Christ and train them to serve Him.
- He must exemplify a willingness to lead by example at all youth activities and willing to be a teacher/co-teacher in our student ministry.
- An exceptional leader in the area of responsible oversight of students at special events and planned retreats, conferences, mission trips, and training experiences.
- He and his wife must exemplify biblical standards of proper leadership in the home and in their church activities. They must both be accountable to others and willing to lead students to be of the same mindset.
- He must never be found to be in support or active in any communications or conduct deemed detrimental and defaming the Lord, His work at HCBC, and co-leaders.
- He must be regular in his church attendance and participatory in engaging students and their culture.
- Attendance at students events, activities at school, sports programs, and community actions are greatly encouraged and would be highly favorable to attract, grow, and excite students in their progression and spiritual walk with God.
- Help to guide the development of student ministry through calendaring and action steps providing an opportunity to develop relationships and grow spiritually and numerically.
- Assist the Pastoral Staff in developing campus ministries at each of the area schools.
- Works in conjunction with the Pastoral Staff to assist FCA in their regional devotionals and development of student-athletes.
- Is highly encouraged to attend athletic and extracurricular school activities of students and network with our students to attract and develop new converts/disciples through our students.
- Works in conjunction with our Pastoral Staff to develop visionary and uplifting music and worship experiences for our student worship experiences and special events.
- Assists the Ministry Staff to give oversight to lay leadership and to oversee all student activities and events.