PLEASE APPLY HERE —> https://vsearch.ws/2PLjGJP
The role: The Senior Pastor at First Baptist Church Prattville is a man of God who rightly divides the whole counsel of God as found in Scripture. From the pulpit, he teaches the Bible with clarity, pastors the congregation with love, and casts an inspiring vision for the future.
Meet First Baptist Church Prattville:
First Baptist Church Prattville is a community of believers gathered under the name of Jesus. Since 1838, they have sought to answer life’s toughest questions with God’s perfect Word. Through dynamic worship, programs to help every family member grow in their relationship with Jesus, and opportunities for believers to serve God with their gifts and talents, FBC is leading this generation to be transformed through God’s living Word.
FBC is also a multigenerational church with many people of different ages, stages of life, and backgrounds. The people who attend the church are considered examples of generous giving, faithful service, and initiate excellent, Gospel-centered programming that others in the community want to attend or emulate.
This is a new season for FBC Prattville. The next senior pastor has the opportunity to build on three-decades of integrity and solid leadership.
About the Senior Pastor:
The Senior Pastor at First Baptist Church is a man of God who rightly divides the whole counsel of God as found in Scripture. From the pulpit, he teaches the Bible with clarity, pastors the congregation with love, and casts an inspiring vision for the future.
He is a collaborative leader, leaning on and working alongside the high capacity lay and staff leaders around him. He has the demonstrated spiritual ability to honor and respect tradition while finding ways to innovate and offer the love of Jesus in new ways to the community and beyond. He is relational among all age groups and models a life that leads people to discover God, develop faith, and demonstrate Christ-like love in their attitude and actions.
His wife will lovingly serve alongside her husband in areas that align with her gifts and passions and will be supportive of and spiritually engaged with the ministries of the church.
The Senior Pastor will:
Under the leadership of a new Senior Pastor, many of these benchmarks would happen in the first two years:
- The new Senior Pastor will have cast his vision for the future of the church.
- The new Senior Pastor will have built effective relationships across all generations of the church.
- People will be walking down the hallways of the church (and in their daily lives) with open Bible talking about what they’ve learned.
- It is becoming “normal” for people to be involved outside of just attending services–growth is happening in serving, community impact, and discipleship.
- We will have a developed process to raise up and disciple leaders
- The staff will be aligned, with each person performing at his/her maximum level toward the vision of the church.
What you bring:
The candidate should be an ordained minister who at a minimum has a master’s degree from seminary. A doctorate, or working towards it, is preferred.
Experience / Skills
- Teacher of the whole counsel of God as found in Scripture.
- Proven leader with the ability to foster unity among the staff as well as the congregation.
- Desires to see the Gospel shared with the lost and has the ability to disciple others to do the same.
- Likely has served as a Senior Pastor, or been an Associate Pastor at a large church.
- Uses the pulpit to encourage discipleship, spiritual growth, and volunteer involvement.
- Familiar with the Bible belt culture—gifted in graciously challenging and moving people from “consumer” to “disciple.”
- Has a heart and experience to help the church grow in diversity.
- A man of God as outlined in I Timothy 3:2-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- Theologically sound and aligns with the Baptist Faith and Message (2000).
- Maintains a strong, personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and models the life of a disciple.
- Has a heart for missions that has been demonstrated in previous ministry roles.
- Models a life of authenticity, transparency, humility, and servanthood.
- Desires to be a good steward of his personal and church finances.
- Models faithful devotion to his wife and leads his family well.
- Strives to become actively engaged in our community.
- Holds a respectful commitment to the Southern Baptist Convention.
- Actively seeks to have healthy work/life balance.
What it’s like to live in Prattville, Alabama:
Prattville, Alabama is a charming New England-style village nestled in the heart of the Deep South. Situated between Autauga and Elmore counties in Alabama, Prattville has a population of just over 33,000 people, making it feel like a homey, tight-knit place that welcomes families and community with open arms. As the “birthplace of industry” in Alabama, Prattville’s rich history spans the life and accomplishments of its founder Daniel Pratt, the great industrialist. Prattville features the Daniel Pratt Historic District, listed in the National Register of Historic Places, where some of the sites date back to the Civil War era. Today, Prattville is the seat of government in Autauga County, founded in 1818, thus making it “a county older than the state.”
Prattville is part of the Autauga County School System and has eight schools, including Prattville High School and the Autauga County Technology Center. Prattville Christian Academy and Autauga Academy are private schools located in the city, with East Memorial Christian Academy situated just outside Prattville.
Prattville boasts a wide variety of natural and recreational attractions, including golfing, canoeing, hiking, fishing, and other means of entertainment. Prattville’s cultural and retail attractions, numerous antique and specialty stores, and excellent dining establishments are sure to please almost any taste.
PLEASE APPLY HERE —> https://vsearch.ws/2PLjGJP