Minister of Youth and Education
Website Pine Grove Baptist Church
Pine Grove Baptist Church located near beautiful Weiss Lake in Centre, Alabama is prayerfully seeking to fill the position of Minister of Youth and Education. The primary purpose of the Minister of Youth and Education is to direct, oversee, and coordinate the youth and education ministries of Pine Grove Baptist Church in a manner that glorifies God. The majority of the work will focus on Youth Ministry.
Summary of Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Work with the Student Ministry Committee to plan, implement, and evaluate a balanced youth ministry program for grades 7-12.
2. Organize and coordinate a youth ministry that includes Bible study, discipleship training, evangelism, outreach, recreation, fellowship, and mission action.
3. Provide insightful, creative and relevant biblical instruction to youth that creates a zeal for God’s Word and enables practical application to their daily lives.
4. Plan and direct activities such as mission trips, retreats, seminars, banquets, and other special events,
5. Must be a servant leader with an emphasis on building strong relationships with both students and parents.
6. On occasion be available nights and weekends for youth ministry events.
7. Serve as liaison between Pine Grove Baptist Church and the schools attended by youth in our church. Promote a regular program of visitation for personal contact with students at school approved times.
1. Lead in planning, conducting, and evaluating a comprehensive program in Christian education.
2. Serve as the educational resource person and advisor to the leaders of Sunday School, Discipleship Training, Brotherhood, WMU, and VBS.
3. Lead in the recruitment and training of volunteer workers, guiding the Nominating Committee in its assigned work.
4. Lead special church projects of educational/training nature such as camps, retreats, and leadership.
5. Study church needs for education curriculum and counsel with church members regarding available curriculum. Stay informed about educational trends, and know age-group teaching/learning processes.
1. Work with the Pastor and other staff in making pastoral care visits as needed.
2. Assist in the worship services as needed.
3. Prepare and administer annual budgets for the education and youth programs.
4. Promote a regular program of outreach for the youth ministries in cooperation with the church’s plan of outreach. Visit prospects and members related to those ministries.
5. Perform administrative and other duties as assigned.
* Must have a clear testimony of faith and a commitment to biblical Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
*Must be Non-Reformed/Non-Calvinist.
*Must also affirm the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message which is consistent with the generally held doctrines that distinguish us as Southern Baptist.
* Will accept a college degree from an accredited academic institution. Seminary degree or plans to pursue one is preferred. Ordained minister if preferred.
* Church ministry experience in the areas of youth and education is preferred.
* Must pass criminal and sexual misconduct background checks.
Send resume’ including references and cover letter to:
Pastor Zac Clay