Website First Baptist Church, Opelika
FULL-TIME (Salary: $60,000 – 75,000)
Location: Opelika, AL
Work closely with members and staff to support the vision of FBCO in developing and leading a comprehensive type discipleship strategy for preschoolers, children, students, and college students – and their parents (or guardians) to support an overall strategy of Family Ministry in alignment with the local, state, national, and global transformation mission of our church.
1. Work with parents and other staff in the formulation of a family discipleship strategy for preschool, children, and parents (or guardians).
2. Fulfill certain pastoral care staff responsibilities including hospital visits, meetings, and other ministry opportunities; particularly, Singles Ministry, in regard to facilitating college graduates and newly married couples.
3. Work with the Children & Preschool staff to enlist, train, and provide leadership to staff and volunteers.
4. Work with assigned Preschool, Children’s, Students, and College leaders to formulate and oversee the (Age-Graded) Family Ministry strategy and budget.
5. Supervise team members in the Preschool, Children’s, Students, and College areas.
6. Exhibit and foster a positive and cooperative attitude and team spirit.
7. Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
1. Seminary degree and 5+ years of church leadership.
2. Leadership abilities, communicating the (Sr. Pastor) Church’s vision and needs and how these ministries can work with the Church body to fulfill this vision.
3. Ability to listen effectively and to communicate clearly, both orally and in written form.
4. Strong people skills.
5. Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
6. Must pass pre-employment comprehensive and sexual misconduct background check.