Associate Pastor / Minister of Youth
Website Mount Zion Baptist Church
Mount Zion Baptist Church is a wonderful body of believers located in the Corner Community of Warrior, Alabama, approximately 30 minutes north of downtown Birmingham. We are a Bible-believing, mission-minded, Gospel-focused, multi-generational church. Doctrinally we adhere to the Baptist Faith and Message 2000. Prior to the Covid-19 pandemic, our church averaged 240 in Sunday School and 300+ in worship.
We are currently seeking to fill the position of Associate Pastor / Minister of Youth. This person would work closely with the Senior Pastor in ministering to the church at large, while simultaneously leading our student program for 35+ students in grades 7th-12th. As student pastor, you will be responsible to cultivate a spiritually sound and dynamic student ministry environment, paying particular attention to the shepherding and disciple-making of students and their families, as well as resourcing staff, volunteers, and parents in their effort to help students begin a relationship with and follow Jesus Christ.
Minimum Qualifications for the Position
- Must be a born again and baptized believer.
- Must meet the Biblical qualifications of ministers laid out in 1 Timothy 3:1-13 and Titus 1:5-16
- Must be licensed and ordained (or willing to be ordained)
- Must adhere to the Baptist Faith & Message 2000 doctrinally
- 3-5+ years of full time experience leading a youth group of 20+, preferred.
- Seminary preferred, but not required
- Willing to work together with out 12-member staff team of ministerial and support staff.
- Must be willing to relocate and become a part of the community.
Please email or mail a cover letter and resume to:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: Mount Zion Baptist Church, Attn: Youth Pastor Search Committee
2427 Corner Road, Warrior, Alabama 35180