Website Hill Crest Baptist Church
Salary-TBD Based Upon Experience
Location: Hill Crest Baptist Church, Anniston, Alabama
Hill Crest Baptist Church is seeking God’s leadership in discovering our Worship Pastor/Leader who supports our core values, mission statement, vision and various ministries.
- The Worship Pastor/Leader is a spiritual and organizational leader who oversees the worship ministries of Hill Crest Baptist Church (HCBC)
- Ensure each worship service is led in such a way that the congregation has an opportunity to an authentic encounter with God’s presence.
- This full-time position is responsible for developing, assisting and leading all programs of the church related to worship (music, drama, technology and the arts).
- Fully support the mission, vision and worship philosophy of the Senior Pastor and HCBC.
- Building the necessary teams to carry out the worship areas of HCBC.
- Plan the corporate worship services of HCBC in consultation with the Senior Pastor and worship teams.
- Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals as necessary.
- Introduce our worship teams to worship training and spiritual growth provided by other ministries, books, Bible studies and conferences.
- Set annual goals/budget for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision.
- Lead in some form of spiritual formation at every rehearsal.
- Work closely with the church’s staff to develop their worship programming experiences.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of new worship experiences with contemporary and traditional styles of worship music and formats.
- Be open to change and the shifting responsibilities as growth and ministry develop.
- Ability to read and direct sheet music (for choirs and orchestra) as well as lead a praise band and praise team.
- Ability to work with chord charts.
- Must have strong vocal skills.
- Experience in leading worship that transcends modern, contemporary and traditional genres.
- Minimum of 5 years of worship leader experience.
OUTREACH AND INREACH
- Plan, coordinate and conduct music related to outreach events of the community.
- Minister to music ministry volunteers who are sick, hospitalized, or in crisis. Provide counsel, comfort and encouragement to those who are encountering hardship.
- Participate in the general pastoral care of the congregation as called upon by the Senior Pastor.
- Provide, as needed, music for church funerals and weddings.
- Consult with primarily the Senior Pastor (supervisor) concerning activities, policies, scheduling and procedures that relate to his area of responsibility.
- Recruit, train and oversee individuals with spiritual maturity, gifts and talents to serve in the church’s music and drama ministries.
- Develop and manage the annual budget for the worship/music ministry.
- Be responsible for the maintenance, care and addition of music, musical instruments, lighting, sound and all related equipment. Maintain the music library of the church.
- Ensure compliance with copyright laws as it relates to the worship ministries.
- Grow in your personal walk with the Lord. Faithfully practice the spiritual disciplines of Bible study, prayer, worship, stewardship, evangelism, fellowship, and service.
- Multi-media employees, volunteers, and equipment
- Recruit, screen, oversee and provide training for both qualified technicians and volunteers.
- Work with Sound and Tech Team to purchase, inventory, store, control, and repair all church multimedia equipment.
- Oversee and schedule a highly trained team of technicians who will:
- Develop presentation materials for the worship services
- Operate the sound, video and lighting systems during the service or event.
- Record the worship services (and other events, as appropriate.)
- Assist church ministries, as time allows, with multimedia presentation and publications.
- Produce CDs, videos, and computer presentations, as needed.