Website First Baptist Church Robertsdale
We're All About Jesus
FULL-TIME (Package: up to $55,000)
Location: Robertsdale, AL
First Baptist Church of Robertsdale is looking for a full-time music/worship minister. This individual will be a musically gifted, spiritually mature, biblically grounded Christian who will lead all worship ministries at our church under the direction of our Pastoral Staff. We are looking for someone who can lead our congregation in a mixed style of traditional hymns and modern worship music (i.e. Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, Elevation Worship, etc.).
1. Plan, schedule, lead, and coordinate (in conjunction with the Pastoral staff) Christ-exalting music for all worship services by choosing songs that will engage the congregation and support the preaching of God’s Word.
2. Encourage all generations in the church by recruiting, teaching, and training musicians/singers to serve the Lord in the areas where they are gifted.
3. Coordinate and direct weekly rehearsals with the choir, praise band, praise teams, sound/technology volunteers.
4. Cultivate a Christ-centered community within all areas of responsibility.
5. Attend weekly staff meetings and participate in the planning and implementation of church ministry and programs aligned with the vision and mission statement of the church for the betterment of the congregation as well as the community.
6. Organize, administer, and manage all areas of the music/worship ministry.
7. Provide inspiration, leadership, and encouragement for participation in God-honoring music ministries of the church: choir, accompanists, special music, praise band, children’s choir, etc.
8. Actively participate in church outreach, prayer meetings and visitation ministries.
9. Be responsible for the care, upkeep, organization, and inventory of all church musical equipment.
10. Assisting the Pastoral staff as necessary.
1. Be a believer in Jesus Christ with a genuine, vibrant, and growing relationship with Him.
2. Have a desire to disciple and live the Gospel for the glory of God.
3. Be committed to moral purity and maintain moral and ethical standards and practices as evidenced in Scripture.
4. Have theological views compatible with the Baptist Faith and Message, with a desire for continued growth and maturity as a godly person through prayer and study of God’s Word.
5. Actively participate in a community group on Sunday morning or on another night of the week.
6. Have the ability to read and direct both choral and instrumental music.
7. Honor others by communicating effectively and professionally in all circumstances.
8. Be able to work as a team player with the Pastoral Staff and participants in music.
9. Be a self-starter and self-motivated because of your relationship with Christ.
10. Be interested and willing to engage people of all ages.
11. Hold a bachelor’s degree and/or seminary degree with musical emphasis (preferred but not required)
First Baptist Church of Robertsdale is located in central Baldwin County, eight miles south of I-10 and 22 miles north of the Gulf Coast. It has been an active, mission-minded body of believers for almost 100 years. With an average Sunday worship attendance of 250-300 and a small group attendance of approximately 125, FBC of Robertsdale has a history of serving Christ and those in our community. Our membership consists of people longing to serve the Lord through worship, ministry, and missions. Our membership is eclectic, enjoying a blend of traditional and contemporary music styles via small-group acoustic sound, choir, and orchestra. We believe that the truth of Jesus will set you free, and we proclaim God’s truth from scripture to help each of us live our lives the way God desires. First Baptist Church of Robertsdale is a cooperating Southern Baptist Community of Faith. At FBC Robertsdale, we are passionate about Jesus. In our singing, fellowship, and proclamation of the gospel, our central purpose is to make much of the Name of Jesus Christ. As we adhere to our 3 pillars of ministry “Loving. Growing, Going.”, we believe that God has called us to make disciples of all people—starting in our local community and continuing throughout the world.