Director, After School Care Ministry
Website Riverside Baptist Church
A Baptist Church in close proximity to Helena Schools
Position: Director, After School Care Ministry
Riverside Baptist Church – Helena, AL 35080
$14 – $16 an hour – Part-time
Director will plan, implement and administer day-to-day operations and activities for a Christian After School Care (ASC) ministry for K5 through 8th grade in Helena, AL. 25-30 hours per week.
1)Responsible for the highest level of safety and well-being of every students in the program.
2) Have fiscal responsibilities for the ASC program.
3) Provide leadership and supervision for staff working in the program (approx. 8-10 employees).
4) Recruits and hires all ASC staff, responsible for criminal background checks and reference checks
5) Provides staff orientation and training for new staff.
6) Develops weekly staff work schedule.
7) Conducts periodic group staff meetings for the improvement of the ASC program.
8) Develops and updates written staff policy guidelines
9) Addresses parent concerns regarding their child and ASC program components.
10) Works directly with the Discipleship & Missions Pastor regarding outreach ministry, financials, facilities and all other related issues.
11) Enforces safety and operating procedures so staff and students can comply with health, safety and building codes.
12) Prepares and monitors the annual ASC budget. Reviews and approves all purchase requests.
13) Develops Bible-based curriculum and program to include chapel and classroom bible study.
14) Works with teachers to develop and revise Bible-based materials appropriate for assigned age levels.
15) Oversee bus drivers and routes for pick-up and drop off of children at local schools.
1) Should be a Christian with a strong and vibrant relationship with the Lord.
2) Actively attending a Bible believing church in the local area.
3) Must be at least 22 years of age or older.
4) Must have High School Diploma, Associate Degree in early childhood education is preferred.
5) Must have at least 5 years experience in childhood education as a lead teacher, assistant director or director, plus twelve (12) clock hours of child development training.
6) Oral and written communications skills.
7) Strong interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
Licenses and other requirements:
1) Certification in first aid and CPR.