Director, After School Care Ministry
Website Riverside Baptist Church
A Southern Baptist Church in the Helena Community
The Director will plan, implement and administer day-to-day operations and activities for a Christian After School Care (ASC) ministry for K5 through 8th grade in Helena, AL. Hours: 30 hours per week.
1) Oversee all programming and activities for afterschool care children.
2) Responsible for the highest level of safety, security and well-being of every students in the program.
3) Develop and submit an annual budget and take fiscal responsibility for the ASC program. Reviews and approves all purchase requests for ASC.
4) Provide leadership and supervision over all staff working in the program (approx. 6-8 employees).
5) Recruits and hires all ASC staff, responsible for criminal background checks and reference checks
6) Provides staff orientation and training for new staff.
7) Responsible for developing and executing on-going training for all current staff members.
8) Develops and maintains weekly staff work schedule.
9) Conducts periodic group staff meetings for the improvement of the ASC program.
10) Develops and updates written staff policies and guidelines.
11) Addresses parent concerns regarding their child and ASC program components.
12) Maintain a Bible-based curriculum each week. Responsible for leading weekly chapel and Bible Studies, and cultivating the spiritual growth of ASC children.
13) Works with teachers to develop, implement and train a Bible-based program appropriate for assigned age levels.
14) Enforces safety and operating procedures so staff and students can comply with health, safety and building codes.
15) Coordinates with other ministry directors and church staff to foster a cohesive and united work environment so that God is glorified.
16) Works directly with the Discipleship & Missions Pastor regarding outreach ministry to the church, financials, facilities and all other related issues.
17) Oversee bus drivers and routes for pick-up and drop off of children at local schools.
1) Must be at least 22 years of age or older.
2) Bachelor’s or Associate Degree in early childhood education or equivalent years of experience in childcare management is required.
3) Must have at least 5 years experience in childhood education as a lead teacher, assistant director or director, plus twelve (12) clock hours of child development training.
4) Must be a Christian with a strong and vibrant relationship with the Lord and a lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders.
5) Actively attending a Bible believing church in the local area and involved in a small accountability group.
6) A desire to teach and mentor children in biblical truths.
7) Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
8) Strong interpersonal skills using tact, patience, courtesy and humility.
9) Understanding of and willingness to serve within the doctrinal commitments of the church.
10) A commitment to the mission of the church.
11) A sense of calling toward a caring ministry.
Licenses and other requirements:
1) Certification in first aid and CPR.