Reports to: Senior Pastor
Primary Responsibility: Responsible for overseeing the planning , coordinating and implementing of a
dynamic program for children from birth through sixth grade.
- Oversee all programming and ministry for children ages birth-sixth grade, including Sunday Services, Wednesday nights, Summer programs, special events, etc.
- Choose and prepare curriculum for each program and each age level.
- Create environments, activities and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth.
- Recruit, train, schedule and lead teams of volunteers.
- Provide care for children and families within the church including hospital visits and follow-up.
- Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families.
- Plan and oversee special events such as VBS, Fall Festival, Baby Dedication, etc.
- Previous experience directing a Children’s Ministry, including leadership of ministry staff (paid or volunteer), staff members and/or a large volunteer team.
- BA or BS degree required; Divinity Degree desirable.
- Active and growing relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action, attitude and behavior.
- A passion for Children’s Ministry and to see families grow in their faith together.
- Previous experience with direction and administration of Church Children’s Ministries or Family Ministries. Experience in recruiting, motivating, equipping and scheduling volunteer leaders to minister to children and families.
- Experience in designing and developing Children’s Ministry programs.
- Effective communication skills both written, verbal and interpersonal.
- Competency with basic computer software (Excel, Word, Publisher) and the capacity to learn new software. (Photoshop. Planning Center, others)