Website Riverchase Baptist Church
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
Pray regularly for and oversee the pastoral care of the children, families, and leadership that participate in and lead the Children’s Ministry of RBC.
Oversee and administer all ongoing programming for children in grades K-5 including Sunday School, GA’s and RA’s, Chase Place.
Identify, create and execute opportunities for children and families to participate in missions and ministry to others.
Plan and execute special events related to children and families, including Vacation Bible School, kids camp, family conferences, etc.
Coordinate and maintain children’s ministry spaces (classrooms, welcome areas, storage spaces).
· Work with Associate Pastor to develop an annual budget for the children’s ministry and operate within the constraints of that budget.
· Identify, recruit, train and oversee Children’s Ministry leadership; empowering them to fulfill their duties in concert with Associate Pastor and Nominating Committee.
Coordinate and lead Children’s Committee scheduled meetings.
· Maintain an effective process of soul care and self-development.
· Attend staff meetings as required.
· Support the Office of the Senior Pastor and Associate Pastor as requested.
· A personal sense of calling from God to Christian ministry in general and specifically to Children’s Ministry.
· An understanding and passion for discipleship and the spiritual formation of all ages.
· Can identify closely with the mission, values, vision, theology, philosophy and methodology of Riverchase Baptist Church.
· A maturing Christian who is demonstrates the Fruits of the Spirit, is growing in their faith and is committed to spiritual disciplines such as Bible reading, prayer and sabbath.
· The proven ability and relational skills to identify, equip, lead and care for leadership.
· The proven ability to manage people, planning and budgets.
· The proven ability to collaborate, cooperate and function well in a team environment.
· The proven ability to think strategically and creatively work with approved ministry models and paradigms.
· Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s Degree and prior church ministry experience preferred
· Ability to pass church approved background check