Website East Tallassee Baptist Church
East Tallassee Baptist Church
1. A Christian with strong convictions who is able to plan and direct age-appropriate activities for preschoolers and children grades k-6.
2. Must be able to follow the direction of the personnel committee and pastor while working well with other church staff, parents, and volunteer workers.
3. Must be a mature, self-motivated, responsible worker.
The Children’s Director shall:
1. Ensure all preschool and k-6 children Sunday School classes are covered. In the event of a teacher’s absence, the director shall fill in as teacher or secure an appropriate substitute or combine classes such that children are being supervised at all times.
2. Ensure appropriate nursery coverage every Sunday morning.
3. Organize and/or lead an activity for children ages K-6th grade on Sunday evenings during discipleship hour and enlist any additional volunteers that may be needed for such activities.
4. Organize and/or lead an activity for children ages K-6th grade on Wednesday nights from 6-7pm.
5. Secure nursery workers for Wednesday night from 6-7 pm for preschool aged children.
6. Secure nursery workers for any special church events where such a need exists (i.e. Valentines Banquet, Passover Meal etc.…)
7. Organize a seasonal activity for children (reasonably expectation: 3 to 4 per year Ex: Christmas carling with cookies/hot chocolate, Pumpkin carving/decoration, Easter Egg hunt, Water day)
8. Direct VBS- Including ordering/building theme material, setting schedule of events, and securing volunteers.
Two work weeks each year after one full year of employment.
Employee will be paid regular pay for the week when service is not held due to a holiday. (Ex. Mother’s Day night service, Father’s Day night service.) Employee will also be paid regular pay in the event service is called off due to severe weather.
All requested time off will be approved by the pastor. In the absence of the pastor, time off will be approved by the Personnel Team.
Any other time off will be without pay and will be at the approval of the Pastor and Personnel Team.
All time worked will be recorded on a time sheet and kept on record in the church office.
$5,500-$6,500 per year