Children and Family Minister
Website Locust Fork Baptist Church
LOCUST FORK BAPTIST CHURCH — JOB DESCRIPTION FOR THE POSITION OF:
CHILDREN AND FAMILY MINISTER
Salary Range: $30,000 – $50,000
Position Reports To: Senior Pastor
Job Classification: This position is an exempt (salaried) and full time position. Full-time is defined by federal law as at least 40 hours per week.
Purpose of Position: To plan and facilitate growth in the spiritual development of children, develop outreach to children and their families, parents of youth, and College and Career students and recruit and equip leadership within the Locust Fork Baptist Church body.
Education: Minimum high school diploma. Post-secondary education in Christian education is preferred, although not required.
Experience: Ministerial experience in children’s leadership within a church is preferred, although not required.
Skills & Abilities: Must be a Christian by conversion, Baptist by conviction and one who is able and passionate about sharing their Christian faith with others. Must affirm a call of God to work in the ministry and with children. Personal and professional conduct must honor Christ and lifestyle must harmonize with that of Locust Fork Baptist Church. Must have good communication skills and a personality that will enable a cooperative working relationship with Church staff, members and volunteers. Management skills required include, but not limited to, organizing, planning, coordinating, training, following up and developing programs for ministry care. A practical working knowledge of a personal computer with specific experience in Microsoft products is preferred.
I. Program Development
· Develop a comprehensive, Bible-centered, teaching and curriculum plan for 1st to 6th grade children.
· Establish programs that specifically target outreach to the community and programs that facilitate personal Christian growth and discipleship and develop true Biblical beliefs within the Children’s Department.
· Coordinate with worship ministry to develop creative arts and music ministry for children.
· Coordinate nursery or childcare for special events.
· Coordinate and conduct special projects, camps, retreats for Children’s Department.
· Coordinate with Youth Pastor to develop a transitional program from Children’s Department to the Youth Department.
· Coordinate and Oversee College and Career Ministry
II. Ministry Care
· Provide ministry care to children, parents and prospects; including hospital visits and crisis situations.
· Assist Pastoral staff and members in times of need.
· As a requirement of employment, must adhere to strict confidentiality policy and practice.
· Develop a written and measurable strategy for development and growth of Children’s Department, families, and College and Career.
· Responsible for developing and reporting progress as compared to strategy to the Senior Pastor.
· Attend weekly staff meetings.
· Prepare and submit a yearly schedule for assigned ministries in cooperation with the church calendar.
· Assist the staff in planning for and presentation of annual budgets and in overseeing the expenditures of funds.
· Participates as a member of the church staff.
· Assist other staff and volunteer leaders as needed; be a team player.
· Be an active participant and enthusiastic supporter of the prayer ministry.
· Be active and visible in local schools, involved with children’s activities.
· Encourage a respectful working relationship with other Children’s Ministers in our area.
· Comply with all established church policies and procedures as well as all applicable federal and state laws, with the responsibility for administration of the Locust Fork Child Protection Policy.
· Serve as staff advisor for church committees as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
· Maintain awareness of new materials, programs and methods.
· Cooperate with associational and state leaders in promoting activities of mutual interest.
· Must submit to a criminal background check, drug screen, and reference checks prior to employment.
Physical Requirements: Good general health and capable of lifting 50 pounds, physically active enough to participate in children’s activities and sports.
Working Conditions: The office assigned is in a temperature-controlled environment. This position will frequently require activities outside the church building.
General Information: This job description is not all inclusive. There may be other duties assigned by the Senior Pastor. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Resumes must be submitted by August 1, 2019.
Resumes may be mailed to: Locust Fork Baptist Church c/o Personnel Team
PO Box 97
Locust Fork, AL 35097
E-mail resumes to [email protected]
For more information, visit www.locustforkbaptist.com