Website Bethel Baptist Church
Bethel Baptist Church is a Southern Baptist congregation located in Moody, Alabama with an average worship attendance of 400. We are seeking a full time contemporary worship leader.
Mission of Bethel: We seek to bring the whole Gospel to the whole person to the whole world.
Worship Pastor: The worship pastor provides leadership to all the media and redemptive arts teams and champions worship of the Savior through various creative avenues. This position also serves in a pastoral role and requires the person to function as a shepherd to the congregation and the care of their souls.
The candidate must have:
· A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing relationship with Him.
· A commitment to moral purity and a life that is above reproach.
· A commitment to the mission and vision of Bethel Baptist Church.
· A demonstration of excellence as a worship leader.
Core Values Bethel believes in a team approach to ministry. We fundamentally assert that everyone is made for community and that we are better together. Every staff team member is expected to champion and demonstrate the following core values:
· Gospel oriented
· Love people
· “We” above “me”
· Think intuitively
· Relentless effort
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
· A passionate concern for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and worship ministry.
· Co-leads with Senior Pastor contemporary blended worship service on Sundays. This includes leading a weekly service planning meeting and overseeing preparation of details for Sunday worship gathering.
· Creates a worship environment and chooses music that is gospel saturated and honors the multigenerational and multicultural nature of the church’s community.
· Builds teams by providing leadership, coaching, and development for musicians within the church and by expanding the leadership influence by identifying, inspiring, and mobilizing future worship leaders, musicians, and vocalists.
· Leads and coaches the worship choir on Wednesday.
· Provides pastoral care for worship teams, choirs, and others in congregation.
· Builds contacts and relationships with local musicians for both evangelistic and staffing purposes.
· Develops and dispenses an annual budget for the worship ministry in accordance with the financial policies of the church.
· Participates in staff meetings and adds a valuable voice in the planning of church programs that will fulfill the mission of the church, including participation in various church committees, programs, and ministries as directed.
· Coordinates and communicates scheduling of activities and the related use of facilities as needed to minimize conflicts with other groups or events.
· Performs other responsibilities as determined by the Senior Pastor.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL:
· A demonstrable enthusiasm for the local church
· Maintain a vibrant faith and love relationship with Christ through personal Bible study, prayer, service, and discipleship.
· A lifelong learner who pursues personal growth and development.
· Preferably have an educational background in Christian Ministries, Biblical Studies, Childhood Education, or another related field.
· Must be a member in good standing of Bethel Baptist Church. Pastors and their families will support the total program of the church except where unavoidably hindered.
· Must be an active tither (10%) of his income as a minimum standard of generosity.
· Must be a leader in peacemaking.
· Must be evangelistic and missional in spirit.
· Must be fully cooperative with the church, its pastors, and staff members.
For more information see our website: www.bethelnet.comor contact Josh: [email protected]
Meet Bethel Baptist Church
Bethel has a rich legacy of gospel impact in St. Clair County.On December 30, 1832, Bethel Baptist Church conducted its first worship service with twenty-nine persons present. From the very beginning, this local congregation recognized that all people, races, and backgrounds should worship together for the glory of God. Although an established church, the congregation has many young families, with an average of over ninety birth-6thgrade students every Sunday. Most importantly, Bethel Baptist has a deep desire to make an eternal impact in St. Clair County and the nations with mission partnerships in New Hampshire, Dominican Republic, Zambia, and Bulgaria.
What it’s like to live in St. Clair County
In recent years, St. Clair County has been one of the fastest-growing counties in Alabama. Located 15 miles outside Birmingham, Ala. with interstate access via I-20 and I-59, St Clair’s population growth is a combination of low taxes, affordable housing, good schools, and family entertainment while maintaining small-town charm. In the shadow of Birmingham, St. Clair residents have access to world-class health care. The region also showcases is history with the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute and is the cultural epicenter of Alabama with spectacular museums, theatres, concert venues, and numerous festivals and events.