Associate Pastor to Students/Missions
Website Southside Baptist Church
Associate Pastor to Students/Missions
Southside Baptist Church is seeking an individual with experience to provide full-time leadership to students and mission development in an Associate Pastor role.
Full-Time: (Salary: To Be Discussed)
Location: Southside Baptist Church, Andalusia, AL
The Associate Pastor to Students/Missions position is responsible for providing full-time leadership and ministry to both students and student families. Leading and working with the membership of Southside Baptist Church for providing local, state, national, and international mission opportunities.
1. Counsel of Southside Baptist Church students related to their spiritual life, college choice, vocation selection, life-mate, social and family relationships, and providing opportunities for their Christian ministry.
2. Sharing Christ with lost and un-churched students, helping them to become Christians and nurture them in Christ.
3. Growth spiritually and numerically, with an expansion of the ministries offered.
DUTIES IN STUDENT MINISTRY
1. Plan, direct, conduct, promote, and evaluate a comprehensive Biblically based Middle School, High School, and Collegiate student ministry taking into consideration the spiritual, physical, recreational, social, and psychological development of youth. Direct the teaching programs of the Student Ministry division (Sunday School, Mission Organizations, Discipleship Training) in cooperation with the appropriate directors, ensuring the relevance of all course studies and ensuring that the curriculum addresses the social, physical, and spiritual needs of the students. Report quarterly to the Youth Committee regarding the plan of study.
2. Assimilate students in every aspect of corporate worship and the overall life of the church. Strive to bridge the void between students and seasoned church members.
3. Avail students to special programs of spiritual growth and fellowship including mission activities, camps, retreats, meetings, DiscipleNow weekends, banquets, and dramas. Develop students with leadership skills and provide opportunities for them to use their spiritual gifts and abilities to serve God. Lead students to recognize the call of God in their lives relating to vocation.
4. Promote a regular program of visitation for the students in cooperation with the overall church program of outreach. Train students in outreach and evangelism. Make routine personal contact with students outside of the church, i.e. school, extra-curricular activities. Maintain one-to-one contact with individual students in all phases of the work, with emphasis on visits in the home with young people and their parents.
5. Cultivate relationships with families. Provide counsel and support to parents in regards to their students. Maintain regular personal contact with parents to assess the needs of youth and to keep them informed of ongoing activities. Involve parents in ministry to and with their students.
6. Study and recommend changes in the student ministry as needed for organizations, space use, equipment and furnishing needs, policies and procedures, materials, programs, curriculum, education methods, etc. Seek to improve personal skills and abilities through training.
7. Work with the Nominating Committee to enlist and train adult workers. Actively recruit, motivate, instruct, and coordinate the activities of adult workers. Plan with adult workers a program for leading students to salvation and nurturing them in Christian development. Ensure that adequate adult sponsors are present for all student programs and activities (according to the type of activity and size of the group.)
8. Prepare an annual budget for student ministry needs and administer the approved budget according to church policy.
9. Maintain high moral and ethical standing in all aspects of personal and professional life.
DUTIES AS ASSOCIATE PASTOR
1. Fill pulpit as requested by Pastor.
2. Attend Staff meetings and participate in staff visitation program to prospective members, potential leaders, hospital, and crisis visitation. Consult with and support the ministries of other staff members. Perform other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
3. Cooperate with denominational and other Christian leaders in promoting activities of mutual interest.
DUTIES IN MISSIONS
1. Identify and evaluate the missions and outreach ministries of Southside Baptist Church.
2. Motivate and recruit others for involvement in missions.
3. Develop and oversee long and short-range goals. (Coordinate with fellow churches, local, state, national, and international — entities of like doctrine and faith.)
4. Willingness for personal involvement in international missions.
Send Resumes to:
ATTN: Southside Baptist Church Search Committee
1213 West Bypass
Andalusia, AL 36420
Or [email protected]